logo

Yowzit for Government

Register

or

Review Detail

Turn 'n Tender (Parktown North)
Grill Houses
Today enjoyed (immensely) a lunch of a top class grilled 300g sirloin steak with chips and onion rings - TnT's May lunchtime special at the incredible price of only R 36-00 (being TnT's 36th birthday !)[Usual Price R 150-00]. I have been to TnT on previous occasions - usually as a once a year visit for a very special occasion, and it is my # 1 grillhouse choice in Johannesburg (yes beating the much vaunted Grill Room in nearby Rosebank !) With a bit of luck may be able to slip in another quick lunch before the offer ends !!! It came to me as no surprise that the Famous Brands Group recently acquired this excellent small chain of restaurants. The road to this point has been a rocky one for the 4 Brothers - from Greenside, who started their first restaurant in the 70's (yes there were some highlights in the 70's guys !). Everything's (really) superb at TnT !
Overall Rating 

Quality 

Price 

Ambience 

Service 

Mark Duncan Reviewed by Mark Duncan May 26, 2013
View all my reviews (1)

Turn and Tender - One of the Classics

Today enjoyed (immensely) a lunch of a top class grilled 300g sirloin steak with chips and onion rings - TnT's May lunchtime special at the incredible price of only R 36-00 (being TnT's 36th birthday !)[Usual Price R 150-00]. I have been to TnT on previous occasions - usually as a once a year visit for a very special occasion, and it is my # 1 grillhouse choice in Johannesburg (yes beating the much vaunted Grill Room in nearby Rosebank !) With a bit of luck may be able to slip in another quick lunch before the offer ends !!! It came to me as no surprise that the Famous Brands Group recently acquired this excellent small chain of restaurants. The road to this point has been a rocky one for the 4 Brothers - from Greenside, who started their first restaurant in the 70's (yes there were some highlights in the 70's guys !). Everything's (really) superb at TnT !

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account