Reviewed by H Pretorius

gale prinsloo
Reviewed by gale prinsloo

Reviewed by Leon Egedio Pitallo

More..

Review Detail

Doppio Zero (Cradlestone Mall)
Cafes & Bistro
We recently went through to Cradlestone for some 'post Christmas specials shopping', and decided to try Doppio Zero for a light breakfast. The decor and ambience (being in a really superb 'mall edge' spot) is excellent, and one has the amenities, safety and convenience of a mall. The fact that Doppio 'bleeds' to the outside of the centre, makes the venue almost as good as an OOME ('Out Of Mall Experience') ! . The 'woody' / artisanal decor theme that Doppio have chosen (Rough elegant - almost like wearing jeans with a jacket and tie ?) is great. Anyhow, to the meal ... chose an entry level item from the breakfast menu (plain omelette), which I feel is always a good acid test for the big ticket items - if they can do the basics well, it bodes well for the more exotic (and pricey) selections ? I thoroughly enjoyed my omelette (and accompanying salsa sauce), with rye toast and marmalade, and a couple of very good cups of coffee. Deserves it's popularity. A super spot !
Overall Rating 

Quality 

Price 

Ambience 

Service 

Mark Duncan Reviewed by Mark Duncan January 05, 2016
Last updated: January 05, 2016
View all my reviews (1)

Doppio Zero - Cradlestone Mall

We recently went through to Cradlestone for some 'post Christmas specials shopping', and decided to try Doppio Zero for a light breakfast. The decor and ambience (being in a really superb 'mall edge' spot) is excellent, and one has the amenities, safety and convenience of a mall. The fact that Doppio 'bleeds' to the outside of the centre, makes the venue almost as good as an OOME ('Out Of Mall Experience') ! . The 'woody' / artisanal decor theme that Doppio have chosen (Rough elegant - almost like wearing jeans with a jacket and tie ?) is great. Anyhow, to the meal ... chose an entry level item from the breakfast menu (plain omelette), which I feel is always a good acid test for the big ticket items - if they can do the basics well, it bodes well for the more exotic (and pricey) selections ? I thoroughly enjoyed my omelette (and accompanying salsa sauce), with rye toast and marmalade, and a couple of very good cups of coffee. Deserves it's popularity. A super spot !

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account