Last modified: June 9, 2011
- How personal information is collected through our websites and mobile applications,
- How we use it ("we", "us", and "Yowzit" refer to Yowzit, a South African company),
- Who has access to what information,
- How is the information protected.
Yowzit Pty Ltd
109 Komatie Road
Information We Collect And How We Use It
1. Information You Provide–
Your Content: The following content you will provide on the Yowzit platforms:
- When you sign-up for a Yowzit account, we ask you and store your personal information (name, email address, passwords and sign-up location),
- Ratings of companies, across mutiple categories on 4 dimensions,
- Writing of reviews of companies,
- Filling out your public profile which may include your picture,
- Your friends can be invited by yourself or by entering your contact books from sites like, Facebook.
- You may also personalize your information by utilizing information from other social media sites.
We store these contributions, display them to other users, and use them for promotional purposes but we are not responsible for the information you choose to include in the public. From time-to-time the Yowzit administrator may contact you with regards to sensitive information published on Yowzit.
2. Log Information –
When you access www.yowzit.com, we automatically record and store certain information, such as the pages you viewed, Internet Protocol address, Browser type, the phone numbers and names of businesses that you call, requested URL, and the date and time of your visits and requests.
Communication: We may store all communications, including any personal information you include in them, so as to improve our service and effectively respond to your needs.
3. Affiliated Yowzit Services On Other Sites –
4. Other Sites –
5. Information Sharing-
Yowzit Only Shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of Yowzit if we have your consent.
6. Information Security-
We take appropriate security measures to protect against unauthorized access to or unauthorized alteration, disclosure or destruction of data. We restrict access to personal information to Yowzit employees, contractors and agents who need to know that information in order to process it on our behalf. These individuals are bound by confidentiality obligations and may be subject to discipline, including termination and criminal prosecution, if they fail to meet these obligations.
7. Accessing & Updating Personal Information-
When you use Yowzit services, we make good faith efforts to provide you with access to your personal information and either to correct this data if it is inaccurate or to delete such data at your request if it is not otherwise required to be retained by law or for legitimate business purposes. We ask individual users to identify themselves and the information requested to be accessed, corrected or removed before processing such requests, and we may decline to process requests that are unreasonably repetitive or systematic, require disproportionate technical effort, jeopardize the privacy of others, or would be extremely impractical (for instance, requests concerning information residing on backup tapes), or for which access is not otherwise required. In any case where we provide information access and correction, we perform this service free of charge, except if doing so would require a disproportionate effort. Because of the way we maintain certain services, after you delete your information, residual copies may take a period of time before they are deleted from our active servers and may remain in our backup systems.
8. Our Policy Towards Children-
The Site is intended for general audiences and is not directed to children under 15. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 15 and will take steps to terminate the child's account if consent is not granted by an adult.