logo

Yowzit for Government

Register

or

Review Detail

Builders Warehouse (Strubens Valley)
Building Supplies
I thought that my least favourite hardware store had turned over a new leaf with their revamp. To some extent, there has been improvement, the most significant of which is the extra entrance / exit on the West side, for 'Tradesmen' - which has resulted in swifter 'in and out' as essentially the 'regular crowd' of weekend warriors is fixated on using the old exit (Thankful for small mercies !) . They have also tried to improve logistics with a big board announcing 'on line' ordering - although I have not tried it, I remain VERY skeptical with a wealth of frustrating logistical experiences whilst at the store in person ?!? Anyhow - to the latest encounter ..... having been unsuccessful at obtaining a piece of 4mm household glass at both Cashbuild (usually the 'cutter' here is very obliging), and at Wettevreden Glass ('sorry dude, I will be closed tomorrow, and I'm running on minimal stock - don't have any 4mm glass), I really expected that the new 'Glass' counter at BW would deliver. After being rudely ambushed in the queue by some boorish dont give a damn dude, the counterhand said he had no 4mm glass of that size ! (Don't you just DO GLASS ?). I told the counterhand that I was annoyed (He got the drift !) Never ceases to amaze me with all the technology available for inventory management, that stores run out of stuff ..... for goodness sake ! Anyhow, I have temporarily given up trying to get my little piece of glass, and will try again when I have the strength to do so, or the "SILLY SEASON" is truly over - Bah - Humbug !?
Overall Rating 

Effectiveness 

Efficiency 

Professionalism  

Service 

Mark Duncan Reviewed by Mark Duncan December 21, 2016
Last updated: December 21, 2016
View all my reviews (1)

Builders - Silly Season Stories

I thought that my least favourite hardware store had turned over a new leaf with their revamp. To some extent, there has been improvement, the most significant of which is the extra entrance / exit on the West side, for 'Tradesmen' - which has resulted in swifter 'in and out' as essentially the 'regular crowd' of weekend warriors is fixated on using the old exit (Thankful for small mercies !) . They have also tried to improve logistics with a big board announcing 'on line' ordering - although I have not tried it, I remain VERY skeptical with a wealth of frustrating logistical experiences whilst at the store in person ?!? Anyhow - to the latest encounter ..... having been unsuccessful at obtaining a piece of 4mm household glass at both Cashbuild (usually the 'cutter' here is very obliging), and at Wettevreden Glass ('sorry dude, I will be closed tomorrow, and I'm running on minimal stock - don't have any 4mm glass), I really expected that the new 'Glass' counter at BW would deliver. After being rudely ambushed in the queue by some boorish dont give a damn dude, the counterhand said he had no 4mm glass of that size ! (Don't you just DO GLASS ?). I told the counterhand that I was annoyed (He got the drift !) Never ceases to amaze me with all the technology available for inventory management, that stores run out of stuff ..... for goodness sake ! Anyhow, I have temporarily given up trying to get my little piece of glass, and will try again when I have the strength to do so, or the "SILLY SEASON" is truly over - Bah - Humbug !?

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account